I, SEEFLêHX the ART1ST (aka Conway October), am a 24 year old artist specialising in the art of FLEXPRESSION (limitless expression of the mind through body) , dance and abstract movement.
I’ve been in performance arts for 15 years. Dancing professionally for 6 years, mostly performance art and dance; namely contemporary, freestyle and breaking/bboying .
My flexibility wasn’t a choice, but the discovery of my mind through my body is. That’s how I developed the term “Flexpression”.
My first genre of dance I was exposed to was contemporary. Thereafter spent time training with ZipZap Circus before I got introduced later to breakdance.
Since then I’ve been traveling both nationally and internationally educating myself, collaborating, competing and performing.
Projects I’ve worked on:
- “Location” by Luke De Kock (Duet with Yaseen Manuel - see video reference)
- “Tuffo - Classial Concert “ by Ina Wichterich for YoungBlood Gallery
- “Classic Men” for Cape Philharmonic Orchestra by Luke De Kock and Elvis Sibeko
- “Here to There” by Niki van Callant for Afro Vibes Festival
- The Johaar Mosaval Journey: District Six To The Royal Ballet by Cape Town City Ballet (Tribute Show)
- Mi(SA) by Cape Town Opera (WoordFees)
As of recent I’ve been acting in both international dance movies (Honey 3 ) and local (South African) television series (Danz and Sarah’s Geheim). Modeling (and visual art) has become relevant over the years doing both international and local shoots and commercials. Being in front of the camera both inside studio and on the streets.
Dance video links: